Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Reaction to Megan Young being the First Pinay Miss World

I got a big surprise when I heard Filipino actress Megan Young revealed her intentions to join Miss World Philippines (now headed by Cory Quirino) a few months back. At first, I really doubt if she could make it, but then, she proved me wrong. She ended up winning the title to represent the Philippines this year in Bali, Indonesia.

Since Indonesia has a Muslim majority, they replaced with sarongs (they're very versitile, if I ask me). Then she got a solo for the World Dances (Tinikling style!). Then she won the Miss World Top Model (no, not that America's Next Top Model-esque!), landed 5th in the beach fashion and is 4th place for the Multimedia portion. Fast-tracks are said to be crucial for a future MW, and, in Megan's case, it really did! And, she won Miss World. Her, a Starstruck Avenger turned Kapamilya starlet, as the very first Pinay Miss World? Really surprising! Anyway: You go, girl!

Reaction: Totally Surprised!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment