Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Reaction when My Play's Story Plot Got an Unanimous Group Vote, & Got Approved by My Drama Professor (though in need of some improvements)

Last Tuesday, my Drama was supposed to submit a scene outline for our play-writing project for our Drama subject. After awhile, my group did our stage reading of Luna: Isang Romansang Aswang by Rody Vera, then proceeded in doing our report on that same play.

Later, we had a playwright session on characterization, before we have to decide which play we should use for the group performance, which is our project for our finals. It turns out, two of the plays my group wrote got approvals from our prof, one was from one irregular; the other was mine. After we looked over them, my group found my play the most interesting: they said it was a pastiche of all pop culture. Awkward!

When it was time for us to pick, we picked mine right away. For me, it was something surreal. Like, honestly, never happened much in my life. Our prof agreed with it, but felt confused with my initial idea. Call it an unlikely spiritual successor of 'The Breakfast Club'. He told us that we should work on it, and use it as a take-off point of what we envision it as a play.

Overall reaction: Completely stunned!

No comments:

Post a Comment