Monday, October 28, 2013

My Reaction to Power Rangers SPD's Sky Tate's (Almost) Sexist Comment on Syd Drew's Potential Leadership

  Man, I saw the 2-part opening episode of Power Ranger SPD online, and one of the scenes that got into my nerves the bad way is that SPD Blue Ranger Sky Tate making a seemingly sexist reply to B-Squad Commander Doggie Kruger's question if he's willing to follow one of his teammates, SPD Pink Ranger Syd Drew, should she be the Red Ranger of their squad (though this would be filled in by Jack Landros at the end.). I was thinking, Dude, that's not funny. Are YOU a sexist?
  I'm not trying to hurt his opinion (he's dying to be the Red Ranger like his dad before), but he needs to wash his mouth from the slur he made. Was Disney (who held the Power Rangers franchise at the time SPD (& the three previous seasons (since Wild Force mid-season) & those after until RPM)) thinking when this was aired? Not going to lie, but that's one of the most horrible slanders I've heard on a TV show, let alone a kids' show, like Power Rangers. As a kid who was born in the year the franchise began & sees them progress over the years, that's really lousy of him. Right now, he's one of my least favorite (male) Blue Rangers for being Mr. Grumpy Bear, too much of a workaholic & somewhat a jerk at the same time. No offense Sky fans, but he's not my type. (Jaw drops & face-palms)

  I did wrote an essay in my Wordpress blog on applying Feminism in a Mickey Mouse short 'The Klondike Kid', link is provided. A fan-made video I made will be uploaded soon.

My Reaction: disappointed, and ashamed of SPD Blue. (Sky, you're a naughty boy! Your father is rolling his head in his grave by now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment